I think most of the roof on son's '07 R320CDI is glass (darkened/"black").

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: <relng...@aol.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] sunroofs

....You are correct, Curt. My 1975 W115 300D does have power windows.
The sunroof, however, is a manual, sliding type. And it's huge, too. You
don't see many sunroofs that big anymore. FWIW...

The optional black glass Panorama roofs on the current cars are even larger
although they don't slide. I skipped it on my present car mostly because of
the nooks and crannies where dust could accumulate when the roof was tilted
or opened. The weight of all that glass up high and the $1000 extra cost
was a factor also.

RLE