When I was in college, I bought a 66 bronco and put a blade on it. For lights while plowing, I had two cheap fog lights mounted on a bar on top. I took one of the bulbs out and went shopping at NAPA. Seems as there is a size of aircraft landing light that is the same size (4" round) A pair of those really lit up the parking lot I was working on. For driving, I had another set of 4" driving lights.

Once in a while, when someone tried to blind me with their lights, I too would flip on the off-road lights for a sec or two. It always made the offending driver submissive. When ever I lit them up, people paid attention.

I had a pair of Dick Cepek (?) 100W off-roaders on my old Blazer, they would throw a pretty tight beam at least a mile down the beach. If some beemer driver refused to turn off the aux lights after a flash of my brights I would light them up with those things, which I had aimed just so... You want aux lights? I'll show you some aux lights.

--R

Craig McCluskey wrote:
On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 15:33:24 -0500 Frederick W Moir