Don't 87 and newer have squibs on the belt tensioners?

--
John W Reames
jwrea...@comcast.net

On Jan 11, 2010, at 16:49, E M <pokieba...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Larry,

I look at belts as a one time use only safety item. If a car was involved in any kind of accident where the belts were called upon, I'd change them. They are designed to stretch in a collision, as well, if the accident is big
enough, those rows of stitching are designed to give in a controlled
fashion.  So once they have done their job, I'd toss them.

I know that's not why you're changing yours, but I'd avoid belts from a wreckers, even if the car they'll being plucked from looks ok. If the car had previously been in an accident and repaired, I bet more often than not,
they left the old belts in.

Ed
300E