Starting yesterday my seat belt alarm is sounding multiple times in succession. My seat belt is buckled. It did this for about five minutes, buzzing, stopping, then a few seconds later buzzing again. The seat belt lamp would illuminate at the same time, and the tach also seemed to go from zero to current RPM more or less in time with this behavior.

I had that on the 380SL.  Turned out to be a bad ground
cluster behind the dashboard.  Unhooked everything, scraped
and wire-brushed like mad, and put it back together.

Problem solved.

-- Jim