I heard on the radio that chest compressions may be on the way out as they
don't really seem to improve your chance of survival. Rescue breathing on the
other hand seems to be the real deal.

-Curt

Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:13:04 -0500
From: "Peter T. Arnold" <pm7...@comcast.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Real heroes

When we were EMT Basic, We'd take B/P by palpation.  In event to Cardio
Arrest, We'd put in an air way and do CPR.  That way the dead fellow
would have good color at hospital arrival.
I did CPR on maybe 100 folks in 12 years, just 1 walked out of the
hospital.  Much better odds now that there is blinf defib protocal.

--
Pete Arnold 32?

"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and
mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."  - Ernest Hemingway