That's an early W210. All of the 210's have, or will have rust issues (such as bubbles popping in the middle of panels, nowhere near a chip or scratch). Beware the front spring perches (which have rusted off!), the blower motor regulator (the redesigned one requires a redesigned blower motor, but I hear you can modify a W140 one to work...), the evaporator, which is known to rot out, and the glow plugs (which are known to snap off in the head).

That said, I have a pair of 99's (his und hers...), and they are nice... they already have the redesigned blower and a newer design evaporator (but not the latest design)... 98 and up are turbo/ intercooled (they are all 4 valve/cylinder DOHC, which necessitates the long snappish glow plugs...)

I think you may need to throw out your old impulse counter/blink box, since it won't work with the thing...

--
John W Reames
jwrea...@comcast.net