Just looking at the numbers given in the story, gross revenues were
$49.7 billion versus $34.7 billion for the same quarter last year, an
increase of about 40%, while net profit was reported as having
increased 89%.  So their profit margin seems to have increased
significantly.  Doesn't necessarily mean they're price-gouging, but it
certainly sounds fishy on the face of it.

On 10/26/05, Christopher McCann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Replying to myself...I was thinking about this over
> lunch...I wonder what their revenue to profit ratio
> was before and what it is now...if it's the same, then
> it wouldn't be gouging...
>
> Chris
>
> --- Christopher McCann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051026/bs_nm/energy_conocophillips_earns_dc_4

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo