Anybody know anything about muffler design? I've got an old snowmobile that the
muffler is NLA and a strange enough design that nothing else will work right.
I bought a muffler from a Cub Cadet tractor and its okay but still too loud. It
looks like that "muffler" is just a can with a tube that has holes punched all
around it inside.

I *think* quiet mufflers generally have some kind of fiberglass packing inside.
I've got to cut this muffler anyway since its too long, I was thinking that
since I had to have it open I'd stuff some fiberglass in (either the pink stuff
or some mat) around the outside and see if that helped any. I don't think it
could make it any worse...

I've also thought about welding in more baffles but theres not that much space,
its about the size of a coffee can.

-Curt