On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:
> WILTON wrote:
>>
>> Son with '07 320CDI just called.  'Just finished reassembling after
>> attempted air filter change.
>
> One would expect a dealer parts counterman to be able to produce the correct
> scheduled maintenance parts for a three year old car.

My local dealer never ceases to amaze me with their incompetence and
ignorance.  Unfortunately they're the only one in town.

I never go there if I can help it, but there was one time when I
desperately needed a part RIGHT NOW.  The young-un behind the counter
didn't know what I meant when I said "124 chassis."  You'd think even
someone born about the time the 300E was introduced would be familiar
with one of Mercedes' all-time best-selling models in the USA.

I think that might have been the same visit during which a salesman I
talked to in passing insisted that the Gelaendewagen didn't exist
(this was before MBNA started importing them, when all the Gs in the
USA were gray-market).  There was one parked outside the parts
department, and this salesdrone told me with a smirk that it must be
an Isuzu Trooper or Mitsubishi Montero that some joker had attached a
Mercedes star to.

Alex