From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
Gerry, the alignment marks should be between the two halves of the driveshaft
(where you loosen the big nut and slide it apart). Those splines must be
realigned properly when the shaft is reassembled. If you're swapping diffs, you should be able to unbolt the flex disk from the back of the driveshaft, swap diffs, and bolt the new flex disk to the back of the driveshaft without any
problem.
Mitch.
I just want to replace the diff, Mitch. That middle universal ought to let me drop the diff low enough to slide the diffs out and in and then bolt the drive shaft back to the rubber universal. I was just wondering if there were alignment marks on the rubber joint and one of the three prongs on the drive shaft. Someone said there was some time ago IIRC.
Gerry Archer
'83 300D and 240D