Was there really a supply problem? Demand was the same as before no doubt.

What it is is unchecked consumer price gouging. There was no reason to
increase prices as were done if it led to record profits. I say let
the gov't regulate the hell out of them. Not because of high prices
alone (until we see prices equal to Europe we can't complain much),
but because the companies took advantage of a situation (hurricanes)
to jack up prices on a necessity of life (yes it is).

Tim
1983 300TD Moby