Yes, he was born in France. My friend Jason was born
in Canada of American parents and did not come to the
US till he was 3...he isn't a Canadian.

Diesels parents were both born in Bavaria where the
family had roots for hundreds of years. They moved to
Paris, where Rudolf was born. This does not make him a
Frenchman. They spoke German at home and Rudolf was
constantly reminded bby his father that they were
German. His mother spoke English and every day b4
breakfast they spoke only English...During the
Franco-Prussian war (i.e French-German) war, the
Diesels were expelled from France by the government
becuase they were...GERMANS! THey moved to ENgland and
Rudolf eventually went to Bavaria as a teenager to go
to school. He stayed with his relatives.

There is no doubt that he was a German. I read all
three links and everyone refer to him as a German
inventor.

-Chris

http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
> (Alternativen
> > > Kraftstoffs
> Vehicle)
> > > running
> > > >
> WVO/WMO/LO/CO/WATF/WGL/WBF/DA/MS/lard/gas/kero/D2
> > > mix (do not attempt this
> > > injectors, pre-chambers, etc.)
> > > Snowcaster, "One Banger"

> to: