From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Allan Streib
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 7:23 AM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: [MBZ] idle speed

This winter my idle speed after a cold start seems to be a little too
low.  The whole car shakes at idle on a cold morning.  With just a
slight throttle, maybe an additional 50 RPM or so, everything is normal.

I did replace my motor mounts last fall, could this have altered the
idle speed at all, i.e. if the motor is now sitting a little higher on
the new mounts could the accelerator linkage need some adjustment?

Once the engine has warmed up, the shaking at idle is much reduced.

Allan
--
1983 300D