Well, I wouldn't go quite that far - I found that R&R'ing the alternator was
much more difficult in the 300E than the 300D. They really did hide the belt
tension adjustment! The fan shroud is two pieces that bayonet together so
you can got to the belt, etc. without pulling the radiator first. I like
that shroud design - they should use it on all the cars. It seems to me that
the 103 engine must be longer than the 603, it's such a tight fit in the
124, front to back.

--
OK Don
Panic! (the national past time).