Drscruggs wrote: "I had a 1994 c280 (daughter's car) was ruined in hurricaine
Ike.  It did not have a rust issue but, in all fairness I got it from central
Texas (not up north where they use a lot of salt on the roads).  It was a
really good car.  The issue with them is the wiring harness.  I understand they
were made of some material that was not heat resistant and eventually fails and
needs replacing.  Cost is a factor.  Has the wiring harness been replaced?
value would increase/decrease depending on the answer."

I don't know.  But, I think they had that problem figured by 98.  I thought
that problem was corrected by 96.  But, I don't know specifically that it has
been or been corrected.  It doesn't look rusty, but I just walked around it.

I can look it over really well and drive it, if someone is really interested in
it.

Donald H. Snook