I did what Jim said and built a tester with an ammeter from a flap.

I left mine in the bubble package and did laparoscopic surgery to connect the wires to the meter, put two insulated clips on the other end and it answers the question, good or bad? IIRC about $20.

Thanks
Harry

though I changed
out a bad glow plug. I don't have an amp meter to test the current to the glow plugs, wondered if I should just get this new kit and replace the relay and all the plugs?

You could.  But an ammeter is a pretty handy tool to have.
(This is not a job for the usual VOM or DMM.)  The old-style
automotive dashboard charge/discharge ammeter is good for this,
if it's the 20-0-20 type with markings.  One can be had at any
auto parts store.  That and a couple of short pieces of 12-gauge
house wire and you're in business.  (Hook wires to the ammeter.
Pull GP harness connector and stick one lead into each socket
[in turn] and poke the other against the fuse screw.  Watch the
current, it should start high and drop to half that over a second
or two.  All should show the same readings/behavior.)

I got mine at a thrift shop.  Hmm, I wonder where I put it?...

-- Jim