Yes the Blackbird leaked like a sieve on the ground -- weeping fuel out of seams -- until it got to speed and expanded and all the seams sealed themselves up. It did grow 6 inches or so in length, very high temps on the skin and airframe. Don't know about the FBW, cables would have lengthened to I would think, or someway designed for the conditions.

Most all modern fighters are FBW as they are statically unstable, which allows them better maneuverability.

--R