From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 10:01 AM
To: Diesel List
Subject: [MBZ] Almost scary

On the road this morning I'd just changed from RT 2 west to 495 north and
made the shift into 3rd in my '83 240D when all of a sudden I had no power.
Checked the fuel gauge and realized it was below 1/4. Uh oh, plugged fuel
filters?
I pulled to the side of the road and the engine would barely run and
shuddered. I figured I could limp it to the next exit where theres a FLAPS
and do a parking lot swap...
Eased up the breakdown lane for 100 yards or so and alluva sudden full power
again, running normal.

Ahhh, tank vent...
Whew, that was almost scary for a minute. I'll pull the tank vent and clean
it good tonight.

-Curt