Hi. Alles.
I'm currently stymied in my 190DT head gasket/valve job work.
Took the head off and sent it out to be cleaned and  skimmed.
Ordered parts from Rusty.
Replaced guides and checked fit to spec.
Old valve faces showed some odd little marks and in one case a little bump.
Exh. seats were in need of some touching up. Cleaning up the seats revealed that all 5 exh. seats had a burned 'nick' at exactly the same position, such that the seats will need to be replaced. My local machine shop guy has no experience in MBZ heads and suggests that I find someone with the necessary tools/experience.
He has a contact that he recommends in NY state.
I'm in Eastern Mass. Any suggestions?
I have photos but I'm not willing to endure the whinging that attaching them will cause.
TIA
Fred Moir
Lynn MA
Diesel preferred