King of the Wild Frontier, Fightinist Man You Ever Saw, passed today. I met him once at some IBM trade show where he had his stand set up near ours (he was an IBM customer for his winery), and some woman who was a model/actress in the past (whose name escapes me at the moment, she was very attractive and seemed quite smart and was very nice too, which surprised me) who I think was doing some fashion stuff or something and her business was also an IBM customer. Sat and talked to them quite a bit in the dead times, he was very nice and fun to talk to about his acting career, and his winery/resort. Very regular guy, quite business savvy. I told him it was like meeting a hero, as I had watched him as Dan'l Boone all those years. He was genuinely quite pleased to hear that but did not think of himself that way, but he said people telling him that made him feel good that he had made a difference with people, and wished he could still do that with TV shows.

So anyway, good memories.

--R