> ...On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 7:13 AM, LarryT <l02tur...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Those are correct comments - the 911SC of 83-87 are widely considered to
> > have bulletproof engines with some going 300K mi with never being opened
> up...

The 911SC was produced from 1978 to 1983, all CIS cars, now a disadvantage.
The 1984 911, reviving the Carrera name, used Bosch Motronic which was a
big improvement over CIS.

Used Targas always bring less money than Coupes because of the usual open
car problems plus wind and water leaks. But, very early Targas have shot up
in value for some reason. My friend RH has a '67 911S soft window Targa,
white with red leather with less than 100K miles, that would likely bring more
than twenty grand. It's all original, nice but not a show car.

I just heard last week that a full rebuild on an aircooled Porsche six is
now sneaking up on 15 grand.

RLE