Yep!

I'd love to find info to compare that to the capabilities of a handheld portabe device.

About the only change has been the amount of cycles available for BFI (now everyone has massive BFI--no Cray needed!)

I guess you could argue that the SSE/MMX (SIMD) extensions bring a lot of vector capabilities of a Cray to a desktop...

--
John W Reames
jwrea...@comcast.net