1. As Jim C can attest, the broken spring can go through the seat cover and grab SWMBO's new dress. Not a happy situation. Not a good thing to have the spring grab SWMBO's behind in any case.

2.  Yes, find a passenger seat form a junkyard and put that on yours.

3. Someone repaired a spring with a cable crimp clamp type of thing. or a piece or tubing etc. Welding is not recommended because of the temper.

4. Unbolt the seat from the car, pull it out. There are 3 bolts on each side to release the bottom from the frame/slides. you do have to be able to move the slides to get to all the bolts.

I think I popped one of my seat springs the other day, very possibly
the first.  The seat always had a good bounce to it, and in particular
both sides were pretty well supported.  However, I have a tendency to
plop down into the seat, and it gave way a bit more than usual, and is
not very supportive on the door side now.

My seat has been stuck in the full-back position, so I need to take it
out anyway.  However, I have a few questions:
1) Am I going to do any further damage by continuing to use the seat?
As in, are the other springs under significantly more tension because
the one is gone?  Or will I be okay if I sit more to the center of the
car?
 1a) If the springs are indeed more likely to break, is there
something I can do?  Bricks under the seat or something?

2) Would I be able to swap passenger with driver seat bottom?

3) Can I fix / replace an individual spring?  I've seen a picture of
the seat bottom, but haven't ever had one in hand, so it's hard to
tell if there's a connection point somewhere.  I don't have a welder
yet.

4) Will I be able to remove the seat without access to the back?  Or
do I need to convince it to slide so I can unbolt the back somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any answers or pointers!
-Tim