You guys were right as usual. #5 fuse blew and it covers about 14 items and especially my problems, A/C, blower and full heat.

New fuse got it going and when I repeated what caused it, the kick down switch, it also repeated blowing the fuse . Now to follow Jim's suggestion and find the short.

Thanks
Harry

86 300 SDL, just got off I-20 after 80 mile trip. I needed to change lanes and at about 30 MPH I mashed down to engage the kick down switch. I immediately lost the A/C and blower, the heater seemed to be wide open.

The kick down worked and nothing else changed. Stopping and restarting the engine did not reset it, I had heard that is required some times.

Any ideas?

The kickdown solenoid is shorted, or the wiring to it is, and
when you powered it the fuse blew, said fuse being shared by
these other components?  Just a guess.

-- Jim