From: Michael Esh <michael...@me.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Help with 1984 rear subframe bushings and mounts replacement
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Sunday, April 11, 2010, 8:50 AM

I need help replacing rear subframe bushings and mounts on my 1984 300D.  I
replaced all 4 shocks last week, however I am still getting quite a bit of rear
steer on the highway.  Does anyone know where I can find a good DIY write up on
how to replace theses bushings and mounts?
Can this job be done without a spring compressor?  I have a floor jack, several
jack stands as well as a small hydraulic jack.
I have changed the engine in my 300TD and repaired/replaced most of the front
end suspension as well.  Is this task something I should attempt on my own?
The independents around here are quoting between 500 and 700 dollars labor.
One of them said the "book" calls for 9 and 1/2 hours to complete the job.  I
ordered the parts from Rusty.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mike