In a message dated 10/29/2005 1:52:58 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

My  charging system went dead suddenly. First clue was dead battery, next
clue  was no alternator output. Battery idiot light does not come on whit
ign.sw.  in run. Bulb is good. There is no continuity to ground at terminal 9
(C151  at the instrument cluster) with the engine off. Continuity between
C151/9  and C105/61 is good.
What does this mean? Bad regulator and/or alternator?  (Alternator was
replaced with 65A Bosh re manufactured about one year ago.  ) voes

Hans,

I think my symptoms were the same when I found a broken solder joint on the
voltage regulator body.

Regards,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ