Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 22:36:32 -0700
From: Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Blower motor removal W115

> I should take another look at it and maybe check that resistor pack
> plug. If anyone has a pic of it or tips on fixing it (bad resistor?),
> I'd be much obliged. It works now, but I know it isn't right.

If you have a bad resistor, just get another boneyard pack.
You take off the grille to get at the back side of it, I
think. Working from memory here...

Make sure it's a bad resistor, and not the pins in the
connector going to it. Mating connectors are the #1 class
of failure point in this kind of thing, though I hear the
resistors do occasionally fail open.

-- Jim