OK here is an idea. I have no idea how to do this but I am sure there is a simple way that someone more netapps savvy than I would be able to suggest.

I have used ifixit.com to do repairs on a macbook. It was an awesome resource -- step by step instructions, good pictures, and right there is a place to order any parts you need. right next to the instruction about the part. Cool idea. I see this http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/05/ifixits_call_for_repair_volunteers.html and had the thought that an ifixbenz resource at Okiebenz would be A Good Thing. I see lots of pretty good suggestions and detailed procedures for doing various jobs that listers post, and some of us have pages posted on our own sites, or blogs, or whatever. I know there is a peachparts site or something, but all that stuff is too disaggregated to be very useful (or quickly and easily so). I was kinda thinking that something a bit better organized than the repair manuals, that drilled down to parts problems, symptoms, issues, whatever, sorta like ifixit does, or the way the parts catalogs are organized (car model/year, part category, part, etc.) that would then link to entries on how to diagnose and fix a problem. And have those entries posted by the listers who have direct experience and photos and procedures with the car and issue. Kleb can sell used parts, one of the parts boys can sell new parts, everybody has fun and maybe makes a buck.

Is this reasonable, been done, easy to do, unnecessary, am I a dumbass (OK don't answer that part, it is not relevant to the idea), how could it be done, etc....

--R