On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Fmiser <fmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Alex Chamberlain wrote:
> > Did they use the same V-12?  If you're going to put in a
> > non-original engine, might as well make it something reliable
> > like a Chevy small-block...
>
> What about an OM617 turbo?

You jest, but on the other hand someone posted here an eBay auction a few
months back for an SLC with a 617 in it (a 300SLDC?), and that was thought
to be impossible due to the low hood.

If you were going to klatta-ize a Jag, I think it'd be easier to start with
one of the many kits avalable to fit a Chevy 350, and then put in one of the
diesels that can bolt up to the same mounts and tranny, such as a GM 6.5
turbo or a Cummins 4BT.

Alex