I was changing the oil in my car last night and began to wonder if there is
a right side up to the nylon mesh disk that sits on top of the filter
cartridge in the filter housing. The disk is different on the one side than
the other. One side has a raised ring in the middle. I believe that the
raised ring was up (away from the filter cartridge and facing the engine)
when I removed it. This is the 2nd time that I have changed the oil since I
acquired the car in July of this year. At any rate, I started looking at
this thing and tried it both ways and wondered if there is supposed to be an
upside to it. I assume there is given that there is a difference to the
sides. The only other thing that makes me think the raised part should face
upwards is that the printing is on that side - although that may not be a
strong argument. I looked around on the net last night but was not able to
find anything much on the 115 - most available manuals are for the newer
models.

So . . . if anyone really knows for sure, I would appreciate hearing from
you.

The other thing I have decided is that I am going to invest in some rubber
gloves before I change the oil again. That black stuff is harder to remove
from under the finger nails etc than it is on my gas vehicles.

Randy in Winnipeg