Occasionally, I like what the Belgians call criek (sp?), or a beer that uses it, like "three philosophers" by ommegang (which is owned by Duvel, so I don't consider it an American beer)...

One of my favorite stouts is "Siberian Night" bt Thirsty Dog (out of Chicago?)

--
John W Reames
jwrea...@comcast.net