From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of LWB250
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 10:13 AM
To: Okie Benz
Subject: [MBZ] Totalled Car?

Just talked with the body shop the son's Nissan got towed to for repairs.
They're telling me that the damages went "over the limit" in their
estimating software, meaning it's telling them the car is totalled.  They
are now contacting the insurer to see how they want to proceed.  I should
know something this afternoon.

I am already doing my due diligence to determine what the car is worth.
Based on local sales and places like Edmunds and NADA, it looks like it
should have a fair market value of around $5k.

Anyone have any direct experience with taking on an insurer over fair market
value?  I'll have to do some more research tonight, but if they offer me $5k
(or more) I'm taking it.  Less than that and I'll dig in my heels and fight
them.

Dan