Hmm although there were only about 3500 1999 606's... I know we have at least three on the list (2 here!)

--
John W Reames
jwrea...@comcast.net

On Jun 9, 2010, at 20:49, Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:

Walt Zarnoch wrote:
Well, if someone was willing to drop me a 603 in good running condition for the 616 and some spare parts I have, I'd certainly mull it over... any difference in length or pan geometry? I'm already 1/4" from kissing swaybar with the pan as is, and had to cut out some frame to clear the harmonic
balancer...

OM603 six cylinder might be longer than OM617, but I don't think it's quite as tall or heavy. OM602 might be a better choice, Fred has a parts car with a good running 1987 602 turbo, 123hp. I've got one too, but I've also got a 1992 300D with a not good running 602 turbo in it, so that one might end up with some 1987 bits under the hood eventually. Funny that out of about 1900 five cylinder 1987 turbos in existence, at least three of us on this list have had a running parts car in the last couple of years. I bought one, somebody in Ohio made one by getting rear ended, and Fred bought one.
Mitch.