It's not like either of us weighs 400 lbs. or has a heavy foot on the
throttle so you can put that theory to rest!

It might have something to do with the fact that 90 perent of SWMBO driving
is the 5 miles to work and return - each way - in DC traffic.  As for my
300TD, I am going to inspect and possibly change the fuel screen (coarse
filter) later today.