Gerry,
I think you'll be hard pressed to fid a way to do this as you describe, without
a lot of tinkering on the back ends of both OS'.
The simplest way, IMHO, is to go with NAS (network attached storage) such as a
RAID or Drobo and just have separate partitions set up for each OS.  To mirror
each machine at that point would be pretty simple.
Your reference to "mirroring" I suspect is relative to a RAID array, which
would have to be unique for each OS, I believe.  Keep in mind that the only
real redundant RAID setup is level 5 or above.  Levels 0, 1 and 2 won't give
you the integrity you require.  You're talking about a fairly substantial
undertaking, even with the price of storage these days.
Why exactly are you wanting to do this?  Maybe I missed this part of the
thread, but I don't recall anyone asking.  If it's just to maintain data
integrity and/or backups, you're overthinking this big time.
If data integrity/redundancy is all you're looking for, just buy a couple of
NAS boxes that are set up for RAID 5.  Unless your PC has room for at least
three drives, you're SOL there.  A Mac Pro is the only Apple machine that could
do this.
Tell us more....
Dan