From: Hendrik & Fay <heni...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Last USA email from your OZ-friends
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Date: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 9:49 AM

Hi Wilton and the rest,

We made it home and all is well, except the budgies died and Mum's 190E is
running rough, suspect an ignition lead or spark plug but may be worse, will
investigate tomorrow.
Unfortunatley we where not able to see the Hearst castle as we wanted to make
it to LA in good time to allow for delays and such and report to the car hire
company that a couple of Mexicans ran into the back of us in Salinas, they
didn't speak English but had insurance (we hope).
That pre-pay thingy at the 'gas' station just about drove me crazy as I was
trying to top up the tank and I think I got conned out of my last 20 bucks by
someone claiming that they where broken down and needed 16 bucks to pay the tow
operator. Ahh well I got ripped off everywhere else, so it was a fitting end to
my time in the States.
Overall I did enjoy the US but is not a place I could live, meeting some of the
list folk was probably the highlight for me and at least I can now say that I
have seen part of the US of A.
To a certain extend my fears where confirmed, that overall the US is like Oz
only bigger but there are lots of little differences.
Anyway I gotta get unpacked, time doesn't stand still and I have to now pay for
the trip by going out and digging stuff.

Hendrik and the rest of the weary travelers
who is happy to be using the penguin computer again