Instead of the overpriced non-running example, here's a 6.9 that looks pretty
nice.  Its not perfect, but it is pretty nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979-MERCEDES-BENZ-450SEL-6-9-M-100-RUST-FREE-CALIF-CAR-/290450346279?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43a0309127

According to the seller, he and his drove the car from LA to Pennsylvania and
traveled Route 66.  I can't decide if that would be really cool in a car like
this or if I would be in a panic the whole time that it would break down.   I
believe him when he said he hit 120 mph.  I rode with a friend of mine who had
one of these.  When he stomped on it on a highway entrance ramp, the feeling of
power and acceleration was amazing.

Donald H. Snook