My indy has a small shop in which he works on a surprising number of cars of
all makes.  He is originally from Iran and was educated as an engineer.  But,
someone from Iran had a hard time finding a job as an engineer in the early
1980's.   Now, his family owns two very large Mercedes dealerships in Iran, so
he was always around MB's.  When he couldn't find work as a mechanical
engineer, he relied on what he knew which was cars.  He had various shops, and
gas stations, etc.  until he bought his current place 20+ years ago.  He never
wanted to be in the car business, but he does love cars and he is certainly
very successful (you should see some of the beautiful cars he has restored and
sold and a few that he has kept).

Well, his son has grown up around his father's cars and the business.  He
wanted his son NOT be in the car business.  He wanted him to do something that
he loves.  BUT, alas, I think it is going to be cars.   His son came home from
his freshman year at University of Kansas and was helping around the shop.  I
was there a few weeks ago and his son bought a 1950 Plymouth.  Unbelievably, it
ran and ran well.  So, he fixed a few things up and cleaned it. He was going to
restore it to perfect condition.  1 week later he sold it.  A local priest came
by the shop, saw it, fell in love and begged him to sell it.  Then, he bought
an old Jeep Willys pickup (I have never seen one like it) and started working
on it.  Boom, sold it in a week.  Now, he is looking for an old International
Scout.

Car love. You either have it or you don't. If you do, its incurable.

Donald H. Snook