Tom -
You very well may find it in the archives. I'm assuming your '83 126 is
similar to my '81. The problem is that the elastic is gone from the top
horizontal part of the net. It is fairly easy to replace but on my car it
had seen many years of direct sunlight and a lot of the plastic parts have
become very brittle. With this in mind, you have to remove the back from the
seat that needs to have the net repaired. You do that by removing the 2
screws at the base of the seat back and pulling down on the seat back till
it comes free. You should now have access to the screws that hold the
framework for the net in place. This is where I had a bit of a problem as by
the time I had removed the screws from the brackets on my seatback the
frames for the nets had cracked. I was able to epoxy them back together but
try to be as careful as you can when you remove the screws. I was able to
find a very good match for the elastic material at a local REI store, a
camping/sporting goods store. I found the elastic material for a couple of
bucks or so in the rock climbing equipment section with the climbing ropes
and such. A quick search showed the closest REI to you to be in Georgia, a
bit of a trek for some stretch material but I'm guessing you may find a
similar type store nearer to you. You might even try at a sewing and yardage
store. Replacement from this point is fairly obvious. My nets are still nice
and tight and that was about 4 years ago. I just took a quick look at the
EPC to see if the net is available as a separate part. It appears that it
comes with the plastic frame and the part number is 126 810 02 49. I'm sure
Rusty can give you a price.

Barry