Fmiser wrote:

Ooh - How about dropping a turbo engine in there - huh?

It is a manual transmission, wasn't it?

There was a really cheap '83 or '85 turbo on Craigslist here a couple of weeks ago for something like $800, but it's long gone now. I told Curt to buy it, and he said 'I hate you'. Can't find anything like that now. But I did find a rusty $500 W116 about 15 miles away. I think I'll look at it this weekend and see if it wants to donate an interior to my 300SD. Anybody need a 1980 450 drivetrain?