M1 5w40 "Turbo Diesel Truck" has been so named for at least 4 years... The 5w40
weight has been around much longer than that but under the other name as noted
in my other message.

-Curt

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 10:46:58 -0400
From: "Larry T" <l02tur...@comcast.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Report-back on engine lurch-restraint struts

Hi Dwight -
You wrote <<thought you were the oil guy :-) >>

I kinda saw that coming!  But I learned long ago there's always someone who
knows more than I do - which is true for anyone IMO.

Where are you located?  (I know, I could look it up, but where's the fun it
that?)

I guess the Richmond Va area rec'd the new formulations first?

I need to check the M1 site to see what they say.

Rich mentioned a thread about oil recently - I missed it.  It's been a tough
summer.  I've been preoccupied - the knee I  had replaced last June is
failing - so mobility is harder at the time I need to be up and around -
plus, I'm doing some new stuff work wise which takes a lot of time.

I'll either get a new knee next month or a spacer (Yuck - that's a bad
option)  which will be needed if infection is found during the surgery.
Pre-surgery tests have been negative, but the doc is very cautious.  If the
spacer is used, it'll be in for 2-3 months and I won't be able to put weight
on it.  Fun, Huh?

I'll be looking for that sample --
;-)
LarryT