An interesting innovation, but I think that would drive the cost up to maybe $5, which might be worth it to get hot oil (though you might need a metal container to catch it in.

I understand too that the inserted tube does not really need to go down into the drain pan as the dipstick tube ends down there, so you really only need to get it in the wider part at the top, and seal it for the vac to work. That is about 5/8" ID I think.

--R

Loren Faeth wrote:

I use a 3 foot length of 1/4 inch OD copper tubing, shoved into 1/4 ID PP hose. I like the solid thunk when the copper hits the bottom of the pan. It is a little harder to shove down the dipstick, but it does the job nicely. Neither has collapsed, and I vacuum out HOT oil.