Dimitri-

I agree with Dwight. I will add that my 240D lost power at highway speed and it was due to a slightly clogged secondary fuel filter (looks like a screw on oil filter). I replaced the filter and it was fine. While you are at it, replace the 1st filter (fuel screen). Italian tune-up always helps.
John I.
 83 240D 267K

<<<Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 06:50:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dimitri Seretakis <dsereta...@yahoo.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] 240D decreased power

My
 82 240D has lost some power. Doesn't seem to want to accelerate much
past 70 mph and vibrates at idle. A similar thing happened about 20,000
miles ago and my mechanic adjusted the valves and some linkage on the
injection pump. Does anyone know what he may have done to the IP? It
made a world of a difference.>>>