From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of LWB250
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 7:27 PM
To: Okie Benz
Subject: [MBZ] WWMBD?

Here's the deal:

Friend of mine is a divorced mom with a job and full time night school.

Asshat hits her in a parking lot and damages her car.  Not bad enough to
disable it, but there's over a grand worth of damage.  Cops won't come
to make a report, as it's considered a "fender bender" according to
them.

The guy's insurer (Allstate) tells her to get an estimate, than turns
around and says they'll only pay 60%, and she should file a claim for
the balance with her insurer (State Farm) who has told her if she does,
her rates will go up.

I told her to refuse their settlement and file a complaint with the
state, while also filing for relief in small claims.  State Farm told
her the same thing today.

The car is drivable, so she's not in a bind for transportation.  I'm
thinking time is on her side and if she digs in her heels she'll get
them to pony up the whole amount.

Do note that this is in Florida, which is a no-fault state.  However, I
don't see where that factors in, since the guy hit her and was clearly
at fault. When my son was hit and the car totaled in June, it as in
Florida, and the guy's insurance paid out in full.

Opinions?  Suggestions?

Dan