It seems like I remember the deal with those being there was some valve in there that would stick open so it would not compress.

R A Bennell wrote:
So, all this talk of AC in 115's has me thinking about repairing mine.

Anyone know if the York is repairable? Parts available??

I don't think my AC leaks but the compressor does not appear to compress. The
clutch kicks in and the auxiliary fan
kicks in but the air does not blow ice cold (or even cool).

Gauges say equal pressure on both sides. Something like 70# if my memory works.
It was a year or more ago when we
last tried to get it going and it was my brother in law who was doing it so my
memory might be faulty. I should
have written it down somehwere.

Do these things have a valve setup in the top similar to an air compressor?
Thin metal flap type thing? If so, that
might be what gave up.

Randy in Winnipeg where it is warm for a spell

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
95 E300, 94 S500, 92 500SEL, 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 350SDL, 91 300D, 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL x2, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D, 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 76 240D, 76 300D, http://www.okiebenz.com