Randy:

SDs are wonderful cars, and mine has been the only car among dozens I've owned
to inspire me to keep it going past the point where it may be the least
expensive option. Compared to
the NAs, they are fast and fun with a "turbo surge" that comes on and gives you
a little more thrust than you initially asked for, as though they're raring to
go. They're old enough to be
recognizably vintage and young enough to be safe and practical, and they get no
worse mileage than any other MBD--I commute 120 miles a day on highways and
city streets and average
29. And driving them is an aesthetic experience. I hope you've found a good one.

Dan