Sure looks to me like it's bubbling at the base where they screw in.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig McCluskey" <diese...@pisquared.net>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2010 5:06 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 91 350SDL leaking injectors

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 15:14:54 -0400 "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

'Noticed fuel around 3 injectors; replaced fuel return lines, 'started
engine to check security of new return lines and found 3 injectors
leaking fuel (bubbling profusely) at the base - NOT RETURN INES.

When our 240D/3.0 was bubbling around the base (where the injectors screw
into the prechamber), it was because someone who had done work before had
not put the injector seals in when they put it back together -- some
spilled diesel acted as "leak detect" fluid and exposed the leak with
bubbles.

Yours sounds different, though, like it's actually leaking diesel from
some place on the injectors and not making bubbles where they screw into
the prechambers.

More great fun.

Probably fun you wish you could avoid.

Craig