Ok, you electronheads out there! I am cleaning out the garage, and needed to move one Variac I have. I have two. These are panel mount, probably 1960-70 vintage, and without reading the tag, I'd guess they are 10 or 15 amp capacity.

I was wondering if y'all have any suggestions for using them, since I have never used them since I got them.

One is in an electricity trainer that is portable in a plywood cabinet that also has a great voltmeter, and ammeter. I always thought it would make a great tool chest/cabinet, but never had the heard to destroy the trainer to convert it. The other is in a portable woodencase with a big heavy cord hooked to an outlet and an ammeter

It would have worked to make my old monkey wards table saw with the universal motor into a variable speed table saw. But, I don't have that screamin demon any more.

 What might a Variac be worth on the fleabay market?