Here's some news that is totally unrelated to cars.  Many of you may know that
my wife and I have been trying to have a baby for a few years.  We went through
a lot of fertility treatments and nothing worked.  We decided a several months
ago that we would like to adopt.

We have been working with two agencies and two lawyers.  Friday night we
received a call about a possible adoption "situation."  That's the word they
use.  By Sunday, the agency called us about talking to the birthmother. On
Monday night we had our first conference call with her.  She is 20 years old
and is 20 weeks along with a baby boy!  We talked to her and got to know her a
little.  She decided as soon as she found out she was pregnant that she wanted
to find a family to adopt the baby.   After the conference call, the agency
called us to say that she loved us, but she wanted to check the "profile" of
one more family. (Of course, I suggested that the agency send her a profile
from someone like the Mansons :) ).  We thought we would hear back today on her
decision.  The agency sent her pictures of us today and she called to tell them
that she picked us!  So, we are now "matched."  The agency said they thought
the pictures we sent made all the difference.  We are a very handsome couple,
so I guess that did the trick. :)

I guess you could say, we are expecting.  The due date is January 6th (The
Epiphany), but she will likely have the baby early because younger mother's
typically have them early and she had her first child early.  Her first child
is 18 months old and is happy and healthy.  She has a clean bill of health for
her and the baby.  Her medical/mental history is good as is the father's.  So,
we are expecting and will be flying to bring home our little boy sometime
around Christmas/New Years.   We are very excited and even wanted to share the
news with our Mercedes Friends!

Donald H. Snook