-----Original Message-----
From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Dillon, Meade M CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 53310
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 9:57 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] OT electrical connection for outboard motor

I'm getting our sailboat ship-shape after four years of outdoor storage,
and the battery cable that runs from the battery (inside the hull) to
the outboard motor needs to be replaced.

The boat came with a real "There I fixed it!" solution, which is a heavy
cable from the battery mated to a extension cord 30amp locking plug,
with the opposite gender plug attached at the end of the cable coming
from the motor.  By disconnecting this plug, the motor can be removed if
needed.

Do any of you Sailors know what/where to get the correct connection
hardware?  Heavy cable is not a problem - I'm planning to use a jumper
cable.  I'd like to get back to a more original electrical connection
between the outboard engine and the battery, assuming it won't cost me
an arm and a leg.

Very respectfully,
/s/
Max Dillon